Situated in the historic center of Toulouse, rue de la Fonderie, in buildings built between the fourteenth and eighteenth century the Catholic Institute of Toulouse (ICT) is composed by various faculties and institutes. It includes three amphitheatres, a library, a chapel, numerous rooms, research laboratories, an archaeological and historical museum.
Located on the site of the old house in which lived Saint Dominic, the refoundation in 1876 of the Catholic University of Toulouse, was placed in the continuity of the old university which the saint had helped to found in 1229, as well as of the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas whose burial is at the church of the Jacobins. Although the name of university was abandoned since 1790 by the public higher education for the appellations of schools of law, medicine and faculty of letters, a law of 1881 forced the institution to change its name for that of Catholic Institute of Toulouse.
Recognized as a public utility in 1881 and 2001, the Catholic Institute of Toulouse is a member of the International Federation of Catholic Universities, which gathers more than 220 Catholic Universities around the world and is one of the 5 French Catholic educational institutions (with Angers, Lille, Paris, Lyon) that are members of the UDESCA.
The ICT offers diplomas according to the LMD system.