Background, Objectives, Values
The Catholic Institute of Kabgayi was founded in 2002 by the Catholic Diocese of Kabgayi under the name Université Catholique de Kabgayi (UCK). It was given recognition by the Ministry of Education by Convention of Allocation N° 001/03/2003 concluded between the Government of Rwanda via the Ministry of Education and the Catholic Diocese of Kabgayi.
What started as Université Catholique de Kabgayi became Institut Catholique de Kabgayi by the Ministerial Order N° 03/08.11 of 04/02/2010 promulgated in Official Gazette of the Republic of Rwanda N° 08 of 22/02/2010. The Institute obtained accreditation or Definitive Operating Licence by the decision of the Cabinet on March 24th, 2010.
* Vision: To be a center of Academic and Professional Excellence.
* Mission: To advance and promote knowledge and development of skills in professionalism and innovativeness through quality education, research and community services for the transformation of society and sustainable development.
* Motto: Science - Conscience - Development
* Objectives: The mission of ICK is underpinned by the following objectives: - To provide a scientific and technological higher education by taking into account the needs for the development of the population; - To provide a formal framework of continuous training and research in the teaching learning domains which the university provides; - To contribute to cultural, civic, moral and Christian education of the population; - To promote, through teaching and research, the values of truth, justice and solidarity for the integral promotion of mankind.
* Values: In all its teaching and research-related activities, ICK strives to instill the values of truth, justice and solidarity for the integral development of mankind.
Source: ICK Website